EGG ROLL IN A BOWL
All of the wonderful tastes of your beloved Chinese fried restaurant appetizer come together in one skillet meal, thinner, quicker! A quick and nutritious dinner that’s ready in about 20 minutes is this “Egg Roll in a Bowl”!
I really can’t take credit for this brilliant idea, because in recent years, I’ve seen it plastered all over the internet. I thought that it was time to get into the kitchen and make my own Egg Roll in a Bowl after my craving for Chinese food struck me like a ton of bricks!!
SO, WHAT INGREDIENTS WILL YOU NEED FOR THIS EGG ROLL IN A BOWL?
– 1 Lb.And half Of the ground pork.
– A yellow finely chopped onion.
– A medium bag.Of coleslaw mix with carrots.
– 2 chopped green onions (diagonally).
– 2 Tbsp.Of sesame oil.
– 1/4 C.Of light soy sauce.
– 2 Tbsp.Of hoisin sauce.
– 4 minced cloves of garlic.
– 1 Tsp.Of ground ginger.
– 1/4 Tsp.Of red pepper flakes.
– Kosher salt, to taste
– Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Cooked brown rice.
• THE INSTRUCTIONS:
– Step 1: I whisked together the soy sauce and the hoisin sauce in a small bowl, then I set it aside.
– Step 2: I cooked the ground pork in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat until browned.
– Step 3: I seasoned with flakes of salt, cinnamon powder, ginger, and red pepper, then I added sesame oil.
– Step 4: I added the minced garlic and chopped onion and I simmer for another 8 minutes until the onion was tender.
– Step 5: I stirred in the combination of hoisin sauce and soy sauce, then I added in the carrots and coleslaw and roast for another 7 minutes until the cabbage is wilted.
– Step 6: Then I removed it from the heat.
– Step 7: I served it hot with rice, and I added sliced green onions for garnish.
ENJOY IT!!!! AND FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES, FOLLOW US, AND DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THOSE RECIPES WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!